Did you miss a live webinar? HRMAC is now offering On Demand recordings of our webinar programs for a HRMAC member rate of $25. The non-member rate is $35. Choose from the list of topics below and click on the 'buy now' button to purchase and download. Instructions will be sent via email upon purchasing the recording. Webinar recordings are available for a year after the original broadcast.
All HRMAC webinars are approved for 1 credit hour toward aPHR/PHR/SPHR/GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute and 1 professional development credit toward SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification.
Candidates are driving today's job market, and they demand a process that is both quick and customized. Help your organization attract quality talent by building a candidate experience that incorporates the perfect balance between technology and human interaction. This webinar will share tactics HR leaders can deploy to transform their approach to engaging candidates throughout every step of the hiring process.
- Understand the impact of a positive candidate experience on your bottom line.
- Learn winning candidate experience tactics with proven results.
- Gain tips to complete your own Candidate Experience Audit and Action Plan.
Presented by: Adam Godson, Vice President, Global Technology Solutions, Cielo.
Boards, regulators, and advocacy groups are placing increased pressure to have equitable female representation. Customers and communities expect their diversity to be mirrored by those that serve them. As a result, the recruitment, retention and advancement of women are key initiatives for many organizations. Yet most are not happy with the speed or progress they have made.
Attendees will learn:
- How organizations are missing the mark when it comes to making progress on their gender diversity agenda.
- What it really takes to advance women through your leadership pipeline.
- What leading organizations are doing to develop and advance female leaders.
Presented by: Tammy Heermann, Vice President, Global Leadership Development, Lee Hecht Harrison.
In 2016, HR teams started to face a whole new type of employee as members of Generation Z made their way into the workforce for the first time. Just as companies were starting to learn how to engage Millennials, this next generation arrived with unique needs and ways of looking at the world. So how is Generation Z so different and how will it change the way we approach HR? Learn from the CHRO of one of the largest staffing agencies in the US about what he sees both at his company and across the industry.
- Understand Generation Z and how are they different from Millennials and other segments of the workforce.
- Learn about macro trends that have shaped this generation and what their expectations are for their place of work.
- Discover strategies for engaging this generation to drive the success of your organization.
Presented by: Jim Link, Chief Human Resources Officer, Randstad North America.
Gallup has found that people who use their strengths every day are six times more likely to be engaged on the job. This compelling connection between strengths and employee engagement in the workplace has the power to accelerate performance when companies work on enhancing both simultaneously. Companies utilizing Strengths have achieved benefits in revenue, profitability, customer engagement, employee turnover and employee engagement. Attend this compelling session to gain an understanding of why you should be leveraging strengths vs. traditional weakness focused development to dramatically improve engagement and performance at your organization.
- Understand Strengths Based Assessments.
- Learn how using Strengths for personal/individual development builds career resilience and improves effectiveness on navigating change.
- Hear how to unleash the power of strengths based teams through creation of Interdependency.
Presented by: Kimberly Svoboda, Executive Coach, Principal Consultant, Aspiration Catalyst, A KAS Consulting Inc., Company.
Leaders at all levels need training, especially the middle managers who directly manage the majority of employees in the organization. However, becoming an effective leader takes more than learning general leadership skills. It requires a fundamental adjustment in work values, time application and skills for each specific level of leadership. This session explains the levels of leadership and how your organization can develop its leaders at each level.
- Understand the concepts of a leadership pipeline and how it fits into your organization.
- Learn how the different levels of leadership require different work values, time application and skills.
- Learn about the career and organizational development path offerings that leaders should receive.
Presented by: Scott Kiefer, Partner and Vice President, The Oliver Group.
When you consider Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance mandates and transmittal deadlines, benefits administration becomes a year-round enterprise, rather than a once-a-year crunch during annual enrollment. While workforce and regulatory trends have led to growth in benefits technology, it's important for HR/benefits teams to thoroughly vet compliance partners to ensure true results as the IRS becomes less forgiving of errors and more likely to assess fines.
Attendees will learn:
- Key Q's to ask potential compliance partners.
- Criteria to assess benefits technology platforms to find the best fit for compliance.
- Insight into IRS rule-making & policy details to inform compliance planning.
Presented by: Angel Hower, ACA Product Lead, Businessolver.
June 29, 2016: Driving Culture in the World of Now
Ceridian's annual Pulse of Talent surveys North American employees to determine how organizations can best attract, engage, and retain top talent. The results revealed how culture enhances work life experience. When a company's culture is aligned with its values, it attracts those who feel comfortable in that culture. This helps companies to motivate people and achieve a higher level of employee engagement and performance. During this webinar, we will review the key findings from the Pules and then focus on:
- Why culture is top of mind
- Top drivers of culture including:learning and recognition, flexibility, great leadership and collaboration
- Best practices to drive culture.
Presented by: Deborah LeMere, Vice President, HR Strategy & Employee Engagement, Ceridian HCM.
This webinar will be a very timely look at the details of the Department of Labor final OT rules and the impact those rules will have on a range of employers. Experts from Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C. will focus on the actions that employers should take now to prepare for the new regulations which become effective December 1, 2016. Participants will be provided with the following key takeaways, including a substantial Q&A:
- Insights into the new Department of Labor rules
- Practical advice on how to prepare for the new regulations before the effective date
- How the new regulations will affect businesses on a long term basis.
Presented by: Michael H. Cramer, Shareholder, Chicago Office, and Michael D. Ray, Shareholder, Chicago Office, Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
May 18, 2016: Am I Taking Personal Financial Risk for Just Doing My Job?
By doing their jobs human resource managers can be exposing themselves to financial loss. The purpose of this webinar is to review three areas where you can be held personally liable for your actions and to discuss ways to help mitigate and transfer these risks:
- What it means to be a fiduciary under ERISA. What are your responsibilities and liabilities?
- If you are a director or an officer of your firm you can be personally exposed to suits or claims from stockholders, competitors, governmental entities, employees and others. What are these D&O exposures and what can be done to better protect yourself from these claims.
- Human resource managers can also be brought into employment related suits or claims, such as wrongful termination or discrimination. What is your exposure to these kinds of claims and what can be done to better manage these outcomes?
In this program we will provide examples of suits or claims in these three areas. We will also discuss risk mitigation plans and that can help reduce or transfer these risks.
Presented by: Stephen C. Felker, President, Risk Management Consultants, and Zachary Slade, Risk Management Consultant, GCG Financial.